Well, ok, maybe Google can’t cook up a seven-course meal complete with a nice bottle of red wine and a flaming chocolate soufflé…yet. But they did just add quite the list of new commands.
Up until now, we’ve been able to command Google to do a lot of other things in the same Google family of apps. Now they’ve opened it up to developers of other third-party apps.
Here’s a great list compiled by Tech Crunch of some of the new apps and command options available:
- Flixster: “Show me Inception on Flixster.”
- Instacart: “Show instacart availability.”
- Lincoln: “Start my Lincoln MKZ.”
- NPR One: “Listen to NPR.”
- Realtor.com: “Show rentals near me on Realtor.”
- Shazam: “Shazam this song.”
- TripAdvisor: “Show attractions near me on TripAdvisor.”
- Trulia: “Show homes for sale in Boston on Trulia.”
- TuneIn Radio: “Open TuneIn in car mode.”
- Walmart: “Scan my receipt on Walmart.”
- Wink: “Activate home mode on Wink.”
- Zillow: “Show me open houses nearby on Zillow.
Although still few and far between, the possibilities of where “Ok, Google” will go next are exciting!